The EU GDPR (Regulation 2016/679/EU) came into effect across the EU on 25 May 2018. Many organisations in the EU, including Malta, have now implemented measures to comply with this important law. However, there are many questions that are asked on a regular basis.
This webinar will:
1. Address frequently asked questions relating to the GDPR including:
- “Am I a Data Controller?”
- “Am I a Data Processor?”
- “Am I a Joint Data Controller with someone else?”
- “Do I always need ‘consent’ to process personal data?”
- “Do I always have to comply with a data subject access request under EU/Maltese law?”
- “Can I say “no” to a request for erasure (right to be forgotten)?”
- “Does my organisation need to appoint a DPO?”
- “What is excluded from the scope of the GDPR?”
- “Are there any guidelines I should be aware of?”
- “Do I need to adhere to any special requirements when transferring personal data outside the EU?”
- “Are there any Maltese-specific rules relating to processing of ID cards?”
- “Do I need to comply with any Maltese rules when installing CCTV outside my own house?”
2. Highlight recent trends;
3. Help participants better understand certain key data protection principles.
Who should attend?
Anyone whose work involves processing personal data including: data protection officers (DPOs), lawyers, auditors, managers, CEOs, web designers, marketing executives, HR managers, insurance service providers (or brokers) etc.
This webinar will be delivered by Dr. Claude Micallef-Grimaud and Dr. Warren Ciantar on Wednesday, 14th September from 11am to Noon