Warren Ciantar is a Senior Associate at Mamo TCV Advocates. He joined the firm as a trainee in 2012, during which period he garnered experience in various fields, including litigation, civil law, corporate law, data protection and intellectual property law. Warren graduated Doctor of Laws from the University of Malta in 2016 and then joined the firm as an associate that same year, following a three month traineeship with the European Parliament in Luxembourg where he worked as a Trainee Translator with DG Trad. He furthered his studies at the University of Malta, by obtaining a Masters of Law degree in European and Comparative law, specifically focused on IT law, Electronic Commerce law and Intellectual Property law, after submitting his thesis titled ‘The Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation on the Maltese Supervisory Authority’.
Warren was called to the Bar in January, 2017. Warren’s main areas of practice include privacy and data protection law and intellectual property law, while he also carries out work in other sectors including general civil and commercial law.
He is a founding member of the Junior Chamber of Advocates and the Malta Model United Nations Society.
- Bachelor of Laws (2013, University of Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (2016, University of Malta)
- LL.M. (2018, University of Malta)
- Has advised multiple entities in varying sectors on several aspects of data protection legislation compliance
- Has delivered several presentations on various aspects of GDPR compliance and for different purposes including: informational, training clients’ personnel and training Data Protection Officers
- Has advised multiple entities on several data breaches of varying severity, including highly commercially sensitive ones
- Extensive experience in drafting and reviewing privacy-related documents such as Privacy Policies, Data Processing Agreements, Privacy Notices and other related documents
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta (2017)
- Founding Member of the Junior Chamber of Advocates
- Founding Member of the Malta Model United Nations Society
Get In Touch
MAMO TCV Advocates
Palazzo Pietro Stiges
103, Strait Street
Valletta, VLT 1436