Maria Bonello is a Senior Associate at Mamo TCV Advocates. She graduated as Doctor of Laws from the University of Malta in 2005. Maria furthered her studies at University College, London where she obtained a Masters of Law degree in Corporate and Commercial Law in 2006. She was awarded a Diploma in Taxation in 2015.
Maria was called to the Bar in January 2007.
She is a Senior Associate within the firm’s corporate and capital markets department. Her main practice areas include corporate & M&A, capital markets and restructuring. She has been actively involved in the sphere of domestic and cross-border M&A and corporate restructurings involving a wide spectrum of legal entities. Maria has also led and coordinated various legal teams in the execution of due diligence processes. She regularly advises on public offerings and listing of securities and assists issuers with their continuing obligations and governance requirements arising under Maltese and EU legislation.
- B.A. Legal and Humanistic Studies (2002, University of Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (2005, University of Malta)
- LL.M. (2006, University College, University of London)
- Diploma in Taxation (2015, Malta Institute of Taxation)
- Led a group of legal professionals in the execution of a legal due diligence exercise and the drawing up of the relative due diligence report in connection with the divestment of shares in Malta’s main communications services company. Having its shares listed on the Malta Stock Exchange, additionally provided legal assistance during the different stages of the bidding and takeover process.
- Acted as counsel in relation to a number of public offerings as well as listings of equity and non-equity securities on the Malta Stock Exchange
- Assisted in a public offer of securities made by a Maltese-registered company having securities listed outside Malta.
- Gained considerable experience advising management of companies registered as European public limited liability companies (SEs), having undertaken a number of projects involving SEs. These included seat transfers, conversions and cross-border mergers involving SEs.
- Lead counsel in respect of a corporate reorganisation involving a conglomerate operating in the construction development, healthcare and hospitality business. The reorganisation involved the consolidation of selected property-holding companies within the of the group under one umbrella company and the recapitalization of the latter company in anticipation of an offer to the public of equity and non-equity securities and the listing thereof on the Malta Stock Exchange.
- Lead advisor in connection with the corporate re-engineering and re-capitalization of a family-owned business involved in the logistics, shipping and transportation sector. This included the transfer of current, and issue of new capital to a new generation of shareholders and advising on governance matters specific to family-owned businesses.
- Assisted the board of directors and management of the largest data centre provider in Malta in the acquisition of property for the purposes of housing its main data centre. Qualifying as a Class 2 transaction in terms of the Capital Markets Rules, we guided the company through its various obligations in connection with the acquisition, including assistance in connection with the convening of an extraordinary general meeting for the purposes of approving the transaction.
- Retained by various public companies having securities admitted to listing on the stock exchange to advise in respect of their continuing obligations and corporate governance requirements arising under the Capital Markets Rules and EU securities regulation.
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta (2006)
Get In Touch
MAMO TCV Advocates
Palazzo Pietro Stiges
103, Strait Street
Valletta, VLT 1436