Annalies Muscat is a Senior Associate at Mamo TCV Advocates. She graduated Doctor of Laws from the University of Malta in 2010 after submitting a doctoral thesis entitled ‘A critical analysis of the leading decisions of the Commission for Fair Trading’. Annalies furthered her studies at the University of Cambridge, UK, where she obtained a Masters of Law degree in Commercial Law, and subsequently completed a PhD at the University of Birmingham, UK following the successful defence of her thesis entitled ‘The treatment of dominant undertakings under EU competition law: time for a new approach?’.
Annalies was called to the Bar in February, 2011 and joined Mamo TCV Advocates in September 2011. Annalies’s main areas of practice include Antitrust and Competition, and Corporate and M&A, advising in particular on various contractual issues and consumer law.
As part of her practice in Antitrust and Competition, Annalies has advised various businesses in different industries (such as manufacturing, utilities, food and beverage, entertainment, telecommunications, import and export, co-operatives) on competition issues. This includes making submissions to and representing clients in front of the Office for Competition, the Commercial Court and civil courts and regulators as well as advising on contracts and mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) with European Studies (2007, University of Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D) (2010, University of Malta)
- Master of Law (LL.M) with a specialisation in commercial law (2011, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (2021, University of Birmingham, UK)
- Legal advisor to a company set up by the major stakeholders in the beverage industry for the purpose of setting up and operating a beverage collection refund scheme in Malta
- Counsel to a utilities provider in various competition cases and regulatory matters, including representations to the relevant regulator
- Counsel to the Federation of Estate Agents in a successful constitutional case challenging the validity of competition proceedings
- Legal advisor to a software group of companies in various corporate and commercial matters
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta (2011)
Get In Touch
MAMO TCV Advocates
Palazzo Pietro Stiges
103, Strait Street
Valletta, VLT 1436