Banking and Finance Lawyer
Banking and Finance Lawyer
Posted on 15/03/2023
We are one of the leading law firms in Malta, priding ourselves in providing legal services and support of the highest quality to our local and international clients. Our proven track record of success is based on our specialist industry knowledge, standards of excellence and innovative thinking; and our people are our greatest asset.
Mamo TCV Advocates are currently looking for a motivated and talented lawyer to join our Banking and Finance Department as an Associate or Senior Associate. The selected candidate will complement a well-established team within the firm. This position entails involvement in an interesting, challenging, and varied range of assignments.
The duties of the selected candidate will primarily include:
- working with the partners and other members of the firm’s banking and finance team, with a primary focus on regulatory and compliance matters;
- assisting applicants for licenses under the Banking Act and the Financial Institutions Act;
- assisting with regulatory queries in relation to the Banking Act and the Financial Institutions Act;
- assisting lenders or borrowers in domestic and international syndicated finance transactions;
- company secretarial work for licensed credit/financial institutions;
- forming part of M&A due diligence teams with a particular focus on regulatory matters;
- conducting legal due diligence; and
- undertaking other banking-related or corporate law briefs.
The ideal candidate would have:
- a law degree and warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta;
- a minimum of 2 years working experience;
- good written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English;
- the ability to work against tight deadlines; and
- experience in banking law.
We care about your wellbeing and your professional success.
The selected candidate will benefit from a challenging and rewarding working environment together with a competitive remuneration package. We also believe in providing the necessary on-going training to all our lawyers for them to meet and exceed client expectations on all tasks they are entrusted with.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV together with a covering letter either via the form on this page, via e-mail on email@example.com or by regular mail to The General Manager, Mamo TCV Advocates, 103, Palazzo Pietro Stiges, Strait Street, Valletta. VLT1436.
Mamo TCV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, creed, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.