Corporate and Commercial
Malta has become a hotspot for international businesses which have opted to set-up or move their corporate structures here. By introducing a strong regulatory framework as well as a competitive and transparent fiscal and taxation regime approved by both the EU and OECD, Malta has propelled itself as one of the most attractive European jurisdictions for new corporate structures and re-domiciliation. In addition, Malta offers a wide range of corporate vehicles such as companies, limited partnerships, SPVs, European company (societas europaea or SE), trusts and foundations. These vehicles have been designed to provide asset planners with a certain level of security and provide the necessary structures for the setting up of even the most complex of business models.
If you’re interested in knowing more about what Malta offers, speak to us.
Our in-house corporate and commercial law team has extensive experience of advising on domestic and international transactions. In fact, along the years, we have been retained by a number of clients (listed and unlisted), including private and institutional investors, financial institutions, governments and public authorities, on a wide range of matters such as mergers and acquisitions, re-domiciliations, company formation, corporate governance, shareholder disputes, issues of debt and equity, corporate restructuring, division and liquidations and related cross-border transactions. In providing a complete and detailed advice to our clients, we also work in synergy with the other in-house units when it comes across legal issues such as employment, litigation and intellectual property.
Here’s is what we can do for you:
- Assistance leading to the setting up of or re-domiciliating a corporate structure in Malta
- Board advisory on corporate governance, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- Advice on division and company liquidation
- Supporting IPO and secondary offers
- Advice related to directors’ duties and responsibilities
- General commercial advice
- Drafting of franchise, distribution or agency appointment agreements
- Assistance in structuring joint ventures and partnerships
- Drafting and negotiations in relation to agreements related to sales and marketing, outsourcing, and logistics